Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Elements Challenge

My friend Chris at Get Inspired With Chatterscene has been having Just Elements Challenges. I love these challenges because it really is nice to create things without a machine! I almost feel like its more mine that way. :-) Here is my 2nd entry. I'm sharing 2 cards. One for my niece and one for my brother in law (her father!) but the one for my niece is my official entry. May is a busy months in my family. Mother's Day (times 5!) and my SIL's birthday always fall within a few days (or on the same day!) of each other and then at the end of the month, its my niece's birthday on the 22nd, my BIL's birthday on the 25th and then my husband's birthday (and our wedding anniversary!) on the 27th! We usually celebrate our anniversary on our "dating" anniversary but that also happens to fall in May! This year, we also had 4 birthday parties for friends from school or soccer. I'm so excited this month is almost over! LOL! I've been making a ton of cards because of this (which has been great!) but unfortunately, I've been so busy that I forgot to take pictures of most of them! :-( Here are the 2 that I did remember!
Both cards were made using the Recollections Bold Basics 8.5x11 paper stack and cardstock from my stash as well as Stampin Up stamp sets (Pennant Parade and Party This Way) and I also used my Stampin Up Pettite Pennants punch. Shanna, if you read this, you were SO right! I love that punch! Thank you for pushing me to get it! ;-) Here's a close up of my niece's card:
The purple paper matched the purple dots a lot better in real life! And here is my brother in law's card:
On this one, the browns were closer in color in real life. Tomorrow, I'm expecting a package from Close To My Heart. I'm finally getting the Art Philosophy cartridge and some stamp sets. I cannot wait for that package to arrive! I was hoping for today but it appears that Fed Ex wanted to keep my package one more day. :-)

1 comments:

Kimberli said...

Great cards Tracy, I love that banner!! Hope your package gets there soon so you can play!!

Post a Comment