Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A few happy cards

An old friend of my husband and I is going through a really tough time with his daughter right now. She's been having seizures since she was a few months old. For awhile they were managing them with meds but in the past year they've gotten so bad that not even maxing out her meds was helping. She started having 10+ every night and would stop breathing. Someone had to monitor this little girl around the clock because she would would stop breathing and a few times had to be resuscitated. On April 30th she had brain surgery to remove part of her brain and place electrodes. Today she had a second surgery to add more electrodes. She's doing amazingly well. This one was a bit harder on her than the one last week but Miss M is a fighter! However, she's still practically a baby. She only turned 5 a few weeks ago. My husband went to visit her in the hospital last week (she adores him) and he took her flowers. He said there was only one other bouquet in the room from her mom and dad. :-( We decided that we'd send her cards every few days until she is home. I've made 3 so far and the first went in the mail today. The first card for M was made using the Cricut cartridge Hello Kitty Font:
The next 2 cards were made using Create A Critter. For the frog, I also used Stampin Up stamps from the set called Turtle & Co. The Poodle was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called Tiny Bubbles and the flowers were from a Stampin Up set called Itty Bitty Blooms. The sun was cut by hand and a circle punch. All glitter was added with Studio G glitter glue.
I hope these bring a smile to Miss M's face!

3 comments:

Kimberli said...

Love those cards, so cute!! I hope she continues to do well with her recovery and your cards brighten her day!!

And I have to say, I'm super jealous that you have the hello kitty cart - I want one!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Tracy they are super cute!!!

TheEllenBee said...

Oh, this brought tears to my eyes. You are so sweet and even though I don't have any childlike stamps I would love to send her a card. Can you send me your address? Hugs, Ellenbee

Post a Comment